Google calendar

Friday 27 March 2015

The last Four week and Thirsk 10 head Marshal

Over the last four weeks I haven’t done much running apart from going to the running club on a Monday and Wednesday night when we have been at the school, both Sonja and Peter have put us through our paces including the outside running on Wednesday. We went to Scarborough last week to do a training session on the beach and then for fish and chips afterwards, the service was very fast and the food was lovely. I have been doing my core workout twice a week and doing boxercise at least once a week but my allotment is calling me at the minute and I can’t do everything. I have been planning for the Thirsk 10 which was Sunday just gone in between doing everything else that life throws at you. Now you would have thought writing a marshal list is easy but think again it takes a lot of organizing and following different plans making sure you’ve got everyone’s name down and you haven’t missed anyone and then there is the writing and rewriting the list for the 100th time then theres printing out of all the marshalling stuff and sending emails to the race director to make sure we haven’t missed anything then there’s getting no sleep the night before because you are worrying about how things are going to go if I missed anything out well it’s too late now make note of the day so you don’t forget anything. Then will the day go to plan or not well apart from a few issues and bit more organising next year and it will be even better. We had 100% volunteers on the day which I was very happy with all the help and I didn’t have to chase anyone to get to their job done we had 1068 finish which was the most we have had     

No comments:

Post a Comment