Google calendar

Sunday 1 February 2015

My first week back on the exercise since my cold and sprained ankle

After having a cold and falling off my bike and sprained my ankles and ended up in A&E a few weeks ago I took the first week easy just because I was still getting pain from my ankle so this week is the first full week of been back at club and gym. So the week started off with Monday night been at the club which I had heard it was brutal the week before so I wasn’t looking forward to it as normal, but anyway I got there we did a 10 min warm up with some drills. Then we had a practice run with the tube and step up run just so we knew what we were doing, then it was 30secs on/30secs of x 5 min and the same with step up run which was already hard on the legs but even harder because Andy wouldn’t let me give up and kept on pushing me to do more but I was worry about my ankle. Then it was on to 4 station circuits for 5 min continuous which just killed me and I couldn’t walk for the next 5 days because my left calves were very tight. Tuesday night always a rest night which I was glad of this week . Wednesday I couldn’t make it to training as Ken was busy and was happy that I missed the time trial because my legs where hurting me still so I had a rest instead. Thursday night saw me back at the gym to do my workout or boxercise if there was space on the class. I asked Mike if there was space on the class and he said yes but he didn’t know if was going ahead yet as 5 people cancelled so he would let me know so I jump on the exercise bike for 10 min warm up and then started my normal workout. I only got 1 set of cable pull done on both side before Mike said yes that I could join the boxercise class. So the class consisted of 5 min warm up  20 min in total punching with the pads and 20min circuits and then cool down. My thoughts after the session was my left legs started to loosen up but arms were aching now need to work on my technical with my punching and holding the pad up but overall I liked the session. Friday night saw me back at the gym again but this time to do my work out. I took 3 of the core exercises out as not to much too much pressure on my ankle and to ease my way back in so I decided to do 20 kettlebell squats in between some of my sets so I didn’t get a rest as such just to mixed up. Saturday no park run as my friend wasn’t very well so I had a rest on Saturday no running again must get myself motivated again to get out at least once a week. Sunday morning saw me back at the gym doing my normal core exercise apart from the same that I took out the other day. So today I decide to 20 lunge between some of my sets and I also did 10 bench sit up in between my sets now everything is aching.






No comments:

Post a Comment