Google calendar

Monday 24 March 2014

The Sport Relief Walk around Osmotherly

I went to the running club on Monday to do a few more of the good old exercise whilst I can’t run, my foot was hurting me so I modified a few so it was less painful on my ankle. We did a warm up as usual with a few different exercises, then we did 20 min of continious exercise which included squats, press ups and mountain climb. And we also had to do a different exercise on bench when it was our turn. I thought OMG my legs are going to be killing me the next day but they weren’t. Tuesday was a rest day. Wednesday came and it was back to the club for just the circuit training as my ankle was hurting me after walking for 2 days as I had a puncture again in my foot wheel well I again modfiled some of the exercises so it was less painful on my ankle. No running just resting my ankle and watching the second half of the session. Then it was the last Thirsk 10 meeting before the race on Sunday just to finalise everything. Rest Thursday no pub on Friday as I had a busy weekend with a walk planned on Saturday and the Thirsk 10 race on Sunday. I got up early to get my jobs done before I had to be at the BT depot on Darlington Road at 9am to get a lift to Osmotherly where we did a 6.6miles challenging walk that my supervisor Paul had planned for us. The uphill here a killer and the downhill were just as bad we all enjoyed ourselves and raised some money for Sports Relief. My legs where killing me and I was knackered and just had a rest last night I will put a map up and few photos of which bit we walked. So after months of planning the big day was here and no I wasn't running I was head marshal at the Thirsk 10 miles race where everything went like clockwork and everyone, the day included the runners and the sun was out and the rest was history. 



No comments:

Post a Comment